Friday, November 25, 2011

Characters for Desucon Frostbite

I have been so good! I actually managed to organize and pack our costumes more or less properly out from Yoki’s old room. Not few of them, but every single costume we have worn this year had been shoved there. But that is not the reason I’m writing a post, even if I feel that my effort is worth to mention. The true meaning of this is upcoming Desucon Frostbite, which is only seven weeks away. I think our convention season has never started this early!

To fit the time of the year we are trying to finish our Snowtroopers to be the primary costumes. But because of certain restrictions the costumes have, we thought to have secondary costumes as well. We haven’t had ones since 2007, when we wore Sasori and Deidara for the first day of convention and Mayuri and Akon for the second.


There are at least two reasons for this rare event. We are going to Lahti by car, so we can stuff it full of boxes and suits. The other is the program. Usually there are just few things we want to see, but Desucon Frostbite seems to keep its promise of interesting and high quality content. Snowtroopers aren’t the most convenient costumes. It’s hard to sit comfortably and you get tired rather easily. And then there is the thing that you don’t see too well or hear much either. To avoid utter exhaustion we reasoned that changing during the day would solve some problems.

We have toyed around an idea of making Disney cosplay at some point. Even if Desucon Frostbite is anime convention, we decided that now that we had the opportunity, we would use it. The duo we are going to construct is from Beauty and the Beast with big personalities; Lumiere and Cogsworth.


We are going to make the costumes based on their human forms. I’m going to exercise artistic freedom to make the costumes look interesting and for the sake of my sanity, to bring them to the same century. Really, I don’t know what they have been thinking while designing the look for the character. It’s like Lumiere is partially from 1500s as Cogsworth is from the late 1700s.


Even if I mentioned of bringing them to the same century, I’m not going to pinpoint the costumes to any era. I’m just going to balance the pieces of the costumes to coherent look. This week I tried styling the wigs for the characters. They still need some attention, but I'm getting there. I’ve also have drawn the patterns and bought fabrics for the costumes. I also have the shoes and some accessories ready. Now I’m going to sew… And sing “Be our guest” all along.

3 comments:

  1. Oh God, I'm SO excited to read that you're going to cosplay Lumiere and Cogsworth in Frostbite! <3 We girls have our hands full of arranging program for the convention but I'll try to find you two there and ask for a photograph! <3

    ~Cilla // Afureko

    ReplyDelete
  2. We try our best to make honor to the characters!

    And thank you and your sisters for the Nolostalgia-series! Oh man... Joutsenprinsessa and "Mitä muuta... sitten?!".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure with your superb skills you will bring the best out of Lumiere and Cogsworth <3

    Thank YOU for watching the video! Swan Princess is such a lol movie. There's more Nolostalgia to come in the future with some truly extraordinary and fun childhood nostalgia - and of course the secuels of Swan Princess too!

    ~Cilla // Afureko

    ReplyDelete