Sunday, October 21, 2012

New cosplay and photoshoot- Alicia from Moomin


Even if I thought to have a break from costume making after Tracon, I just couldn’t. This year has been our most productive year this far and there seems to be no end to it. The main point for constructing Alicia/Aliisa costume was to make a mash-up revolving around a theme of Zombies at Moominvalley for Halloween. Instead I fell in love with the regular costume so bad that I had to have a photoshoot starring Alicia. The location was our neighboring forest. Yoki acted as the photographer.




 The costume wasn’t complex to build. I borrowed Yoki’s patterns for Snufkin as a base for the shirt and dress. The tights I found from local department store and the shoes are drifted ages ago for unidentified costume purposes. They were so cheap that I had to buy them… Thank you, my inner cosplay hoarder. The pendant is left over Fimo, gessoed and painted pink.




The wig is from a Finnish masquerade store and I used it for Lumiere earlier this year. Its bit thin to be worn loose, but I have solution ready.  Again thanks to my hoarding spirit, I found a pack of straight kanelon fiber from my closet in the exact color of the wig! So if I ever wear Alicia to conventions, I’ll be making wefts for some thickness.


5 comments:

  1. Fangirling for Aliisa! I've had in mind making that costume some day as well. I love the naturalistic feel in your pics and costume.

    Nice indeed! n_n

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erittäin söpö :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just discovered your blog and I think is awesome, there are very few people that cosplay Moomin characters and you are doing it pretty well (excuse me for my ugly english, isn't my mother tongue)

    ReplyDelete